India and US | Full-Time
Machine Learning Platform Engineer
Opportunity to join the team for an exciting game changing start up Cloud fabric fiber operator in Asia which backed by a large global PE fund with+5B USD in digital infra investments globally and a world class management team.
Preferably 4+ years of Experience:
This role is part of ThoughtSphere R&D Product team where we are augmenting a team of top engineers, machine learning experts, and clinicians to build full-stack software to help make drugs safer, more effective and in the patients hands more quickly. This nimble global team will challenge you while working with an incredible group of people dedicated to the important mission we believe in, while giving you a lot of ownership quickly.
The Machine Learning Platform Engineer will help architect and develop diverse facets of ThoughtSphere’s patented purpose driven cloud data platform to facilitate creating and maintaining robust, large-scale machine learning systems, and responsive data analytics web applications. Providing expertise in large scale data processing and/or machine learning infrastructure, the ML Platform Engineer works with the team of software engineers and machine learning scientists to develop use cases to innovate solutions for ThoughtSphere. This role works autonomously with a high degree of ownership to solve novel technical problems.
- Ability to rapidly read, write, modify, and refactor well-architected code and tests
- Ability to debug software up and down the stack, from software bugs to performance issues to network issues to OS Kernel issues
- Ability to architect and implement scalable distributed data systems
- Excellent in collaborative software engineering, and able to hold respectful and opinionated technical discussions and debates
- Ability to work and prioritize autonomously in a fast-moving, distributed work environment
- Ability to design infrastructure, standards, and code interfaces that garner wide organic adoption among a group of elite software engineers
- Strong familiarity with modern software development practices, particularly data processing and web software in a Cloud native environment
- Strong foundation in modern software languages, preferably Python and its ecosystem, Java and ability to quickly learn any programming language
Knowledge and Experience:
- Significant experience with Python at a SaaS company, or ability to quickly learn industrial Python
- Familiarity with modern machine learning and natural language processing techniques and frameworks
- Familiarity with multiple asynchronous data processing patterns with robust monitoring, logging and reliability
- Experience packaging and deploying docker based applications on Kubernetes
- Experience working on any Cloud (Google, AWS or Azure) stack
- Experience with build and CI/CD systems
- Experience designing fluent API endpoints
- Experience debugging and improving performance of web services and asynchronous processes
- Strong grasp of relational and non-relational databases, algorithms, object-oriented, and functional design
- Ability and comfort serving as a subject matter expert responsible for making key architectural and infrastructure decisions
- Other nice to have but optional experience:
- Prior work with MongoDB, MySQL
- Experience working with data system in a highly regulated environment (HIPAA, GDPR, GxP, etc)
- Experience working in healthcare and life sciences
Unlock the Potential of Unified Clinical Data with ThoughtSphere!